Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 4 May 2018

Review: Badger by Dale Mayer 5 of 5 stars

Badger Badger by Dale Mayer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Badger Horley was a SEAL and his 8 man unit were hit with an antitank landmine while on a mission leaving one dead (Mouse) and the rest of them with life changing injuries. Badger is going through a long and painful path to full health and can't get revenge out of his mind as he is convinced that their accident was deliberately set up through changed orders that morning. Kat Greenwald has to watch Badger every time she sees him - he pushes himself too hard and won't let his stump heal and so is not taking well to his prosthetic. Kat is the gifted doctor and designer of the prosthetic and in watching his struggle needing constant adjustments she sees him a lot more than most other clients. Can Kat get him to take notice to take care of himself and could she become a reason for him to actually want to take care of himself?

Oh wow. I loved this story which was very well connected to events that I can imagine happening for real around the brave men and women who fight in modern day conflicts. The growing friendship between Kat and Badger was sweet and I really liked the connection to something that I known is being done for real today by a great guy called Noel Fitzpatrick (not saying more but you will understand me if you ever watch or read about it). I loved the loose connection to the SEALS of Honor books which helped to add to the general community of people who are no longer in service. The book was well written and the story was charming. Left me with a big smile on my face at the end so I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment