Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 20 May 2018

Review: Sun: Bridge & Sword: The Final War by JC Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

Sun: Bridge & Sword: The Final War Sun: Bridge & Sword: The Final War by JC Andrijeski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the final book in the Bridge and Sword series. Allie and Revik have to fight the final war against the Mythers - religious fanatics more interested in murder and ending the life-cycle on Earth. They also need to try and sort everything out in their lives and marriage after the events of the last mission in China whilst trying to handle the situation of Myther armies taking over the quarantine cities and gathering up seers and humans off the Displacement List and performing grisly ritual murders of them. So they cobble together what forces they have, make unlikely allies and start the final offensive trying to stop the Mythers, the Dreng, and save their wider "family", their allies as well as themselves.

OMG - If I could give this book more than 5 stars it would surely deserve 10. This is definitely a longer book than the previous books but needed that amount of text in order to do justice on the final act in the story and all the related events that took place. The level of detail was exacting and it definitely needed that in order for everything to make sense. Everything was very well written and it all fit well into the story from the previous books so there were no continuity errors in the plot. There were many events that happened that were better than I hoped would happen and the end and perfect even if Revik definitely had me worried. I can envisage another series coming out of this one - not necessarily with Allie and Revik but there are plenty of other people who could be central to it. You could read this stand alone but as someone who has read all the other books in the series it added to the story for me.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment